Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 1: The Journey begins

So after months and months of carefully planning, I've FINALLY started the helicopter training process, beginning with getting my private helicopter pilot's license. I've created this blog to document the experience from start to finish...from absolutely no experience to full professional pilot (Lord willing)!

I searched the internet many times over for some sort of documentation of someone like me getting all their qualifications from start to finish, but I could not really find any, so I figured I would make one of my own. There's no sense in complaining about something that you're not willing to fix yourself if you have the option to do so. Anyway, let me start with a quick paragraph about who I am and what my intentions are.

My name is Jonathan, and I'm 24 currently serving in the USCG in Alexandria, VA. I just paid for a prepaid package that allows me to get my private helicopter pilots license, and I'll be training at a place called American Helicopters which is based out of Mannasas, VA (www.americanheli.com). For those of you wondering about how the military comes in to play, they basically cover 60% of all expenses past private helo license under the most currect MGIB bill. Basically, this first stage (my private license) is all on me.

Simple enough right? I'm quite anxious to get started, and my first lesson is tomorrow if the weather holds up. More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, man! Go for it! I've been up in helicoptors before. Lots of fun... of course, I was probably around 8 years old then... I look forward to reading your adventure!

    ReplyDelete