Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 4: Pre-flight checklists are important. Hovering still hard, but getting there!

So I had a two and a half hour block this time around, so we got to take more time to go through a more in depth pre-flight checklist. Those things are pretty in depth! There's literally 50+ items that you have to look over in order to be fully satisfied that the aircraft is ready to fly.

I just thought to myself how amusing it would be if we did the same kind of checklist on our cars before driving anywhere. People would end up walking more.

Anyway, this was a great flight, and I got to do a bit of everything. Hovering is really the last big step I have to get the hang of in order to not require much assistance while flying. I got a big more of the hang of the cyclic, but the other two controls need a bit of work for sure.

I didn't get a chance to get any really good pictures, so you'll have to wait until I get airborne again to get one. Ground school this Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment